I'm Not Strong Enough

“I know I'm not strong enough to be/everything that I'm supposed to be/I give up/I'm not strong enough/Hands of mercy won't you cover me/Lord right now I'm asking you to be/Strong enough” (Matthew West “Strong Enough”)

Dear Lord,
                It has not been easy lately. I have been feeling overwhelmed and have no idea how to handle it. I know you are here with me, but it is hard to feel you at times. I am not strong enough Lord to live this life on my own. You say, “I am the vine you are the branches abide in me, for apart from me you can do nothing.” I have been doing things apart from you, I wish I could stop. You are so great Lord for still loving me while I try and do things on my own. I keep running ahead of your plans for my life. I keep saying, “No let me do it. I can do it.” Yet I cannot. Because when I start taking the weight of the world on my shoulders I begin to fade. I began to crumble and get overwhelmed. Anxiety breaks loose and I have no way of controlling it. Help me.
Sincerely,
Your Daughter Who isn’t Strong Enough.

Perhaps lately you have been taking everything onto your shoulders. Maybe this prayer resonated within you as you read it. I want to fill you with hope, because the prayer above has been me lately.

As school started I began to take every offer that came my way. I began to let Jesus fall to the back burner and not really consult Him in the matters. However He doesn’t want that for me. He doesn’t want me to try and be super woman. Super woman can do everything and anything by herself and without help. She in a sense is perfect. I cannot be super woman because I am not perfect. Only He is perfect. Only he can carry the burdens that I face. There is no use for me to get all worked up over things only He has control over. When I don’t look to Him I begin to lose my strength. I put on a face to show I have my life all together but in reality, I don’t. God wants us to admit we don’t have to strength to keep going. To allow Him to take the burdens and worries we carry. Because when we run ahead of God and don’t wait on his voice we begin to lose energy and motivation. Soon we are running on E and need a refill. We begin looking to unhealthy things, such as sweets, alcohol, or even joining another organization, to give us the energy we need to face each day. A craving in our heart cries for a satisfaction we cannot fill with earthly things. However, He gives us the refill we need. Isaiah 40:29-31 fills our hearts with that renewal as well as a reminder, “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak, even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Only He can give us the fuel we need when we don’t have the strength to face another day. He is the giver of life and strength. He says, “Those who hope in the Lord,” these words are the key to this verse. We can try many ways to refill our gas tank by ourselves, but putting our hope and trust in Christ is the only way to truly be renewed. Once I realized how much I needed Jesus to come in and take the wheel that I had been driving I got down on my knees and prayed. I prayed for that renewal. I prayed for Him to give me the strength I needed. To take all my worries and anxieties that I was facing. Yes, I still had a plate load of things to get done, but I began to feel peace because I knew I wasn’t alone. I realized that we would get through the storm that was ahead, together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stretching Endlessly

Falling into His Grace

God Is.....