Stretching Endlessly



Sitting along the Galveston Coast on a beautiful Friday afternoon was pure bliss. A very limited amount of beach goers littered the stretch of sand my best friend and I occupied. 

As I stared out over the brown salty water all I could do was watch the waves. It reminded me of an article I wrote last summer when I was in Hawaii. In Hawaii I was reminded of how God washes away our sins just like the ocean tides wipe away our footprints. That the footprint that we left are erased and can never be replaced. Sure a footprint by the same person can be pressed into the sand again, but not in the same way. Things and times will change. Even our prints change. 

However, this time as I sat on the edge of the waves I felt and saw something different. I felt freedom.  I felt like I was suddenly shackle free. I contributed the feeling to not being in school anymore. That college isn't consuming my thoughts. That I don't have to worry about the stress of another deadline for a paper. None of that is on the horizon before me. Instead it's new life. There is a whole new world awaiting me. Inviting me to explore this new chapter in my life. On the horizon is my first "real" job. The dreams that God has planted in my heart. The family that I continue to dream about. 

So much is waiting on that horizon, and right now I am free to swim toward it. There will be times that the waves will overtake me. There will be times that I'm going to want to give up, but God will not let me. He will reach under the waves and pull me to a breathable surface. He will help me push past the attacks of the devil and of myself to get where He wants me to be. Where I am now is only the beginning to so much more. I am excited for the adventures that are waiting to be experienced. The rest of my life is like the picture above, stretching endlessly, combining with the heavens above. 

"When hard pressed, I cried to the LORD; he brought me into a spacious place. The LORD is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? The LORD is with me; he is my helper. I look in triumph on my enemies. It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in humans. It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in princes." Psalm 118:5-9
Me and you Lord, Me and you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Falling into His Grace

God Is.....