Leading for such a time as this.


This summer I am apart of a program I never thought I would attend. As I write this I am participating in a church program in Colorado called Leadership training, LT for short. LT is about learning to show the world the Jesus in you and closely following God to seek His plans for your life. I am truly blessed to be apart of this program because I have been given the opportunity to lead three other girls this summer in a small Bible group setting. I had not known in advance that I would be a lifegroup leader, but God knew what he had in store for me this summer. However, the really cool thing about it is that me and one of the other students from my big Bible study group are the youngest two leading lifegroups. 1 Timothy 4:12 greatly applies to me this summer, “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and purity” (NIV).

 Once I found out that I would be setting an example for three other girls I began consulting the Bible for passages that speak on leadership. The Bible names countless number of mighty men and women that have led and left an everlasting imprint on history. In Judges 4 we are introduced to Deborah who was leading Israel at the time. The Israelite men asked Deborah about how to deal with Sisera who was oppressing Israel, and asked her to come along with them as they fought him. Another fine example of marvelous leadership comes from one of the most influential person in the Bible: Paul. Paul originally was out to destroy those who believed in Jesus, yet, the Lord took him and radically changed him. Paul was transformed into a mighty warrior for Christ. He was changed so radically that he was even a victim of a name change (He was originally known as Saul). The Lord used both Deborah and Paul as leaders and to bring glory to his name. They led in such a way that others saw Jesus in them.

John 17:26 states “I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.’ This verse applies to how Deborah, Paul and many other God fearing leaders in the Bible presented themselves. Perhaps you have been asked to preside over a group of people for a particular reason, but doubt is holding you back. Fear is creeping into your mind because you have no idea how you are supposed to efficiently lead this group. Know that you would not have been asked if God did not have a plan in mind for you. As I write this article I am thinking of all of those who are being asked to lead for the first time. I have learned that through prayer and digging into God’s word is one of the best ways to calm myself and get prepared for my position, as well as seeking Godly wisdom from those above me as I take this journey. “And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?” (Ester 4:14).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stretching Endlessly

Falling into His Grace

To be honest